The Magic Of The Tb-303 With New Sounds And Modern, Performance-ready Features
Based on the wildly influential TB-303, the new Roland Touch BasslineTB-3 is a performance-ready bass synthesizer with authentic sound and intuitive controls engineered to play. The Roland Touch BasslineTB-3 contains the unmistakable character of its predecessor, wrapped in a modern package with a pressure-sensitive touch pad that makes both playing and programming a total joy.
The Roland TB-3 looks great, and is designed to work seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series. In addition, you can connect the TB-3 to your computer via USB to send and receive both audio and MIDI data, including MIDI clock information for syncing with external devices and other AIRA units.
Capturing The Original
- Meticulously crafted from a pristine TB-303 unit, original spec sheets, and archival data
- Roland’s ACB technology models each component and every aspect of the original TB-303 sound
- Faithful recreation of the original saw and square oscillator waveforms
- Attack, slide, tie, and other elements that characterize the TB-303 have been fully reproduced, including how they interact with each other
- Authentic filter behavior with smooth response and classic sound
- Pressure-sensitive touch pad
- 134 captivating sounds, including the original TB-303 tones and new four-oscillator, effects-processed basses, leads, and sound effects
- Dedicated Tempo control with shuffle and tap tempo functions
- Control built-in effects with smooth, responsive knobs
- 7-segment, 3-character LED display
- Seamless switching between pattern creation and performance
- 16-step indicator lights to aid in pattern creation
- Pattern support for up to 32 steps
- Easy access to shuffle control for bass lines that groove
- Enter steps manually or record in real time on the touch pad
- Change step count during playback to alter the length of phrases
- Random pattern generation and pattern modification
- Pattern copy function
Tb-3 Version 1.1 New Features
- Backup And Restore
- Manage your pattern library with easy backup and restore over USB.
- Improved Playability
- Tuning — Control both pattern tune (-700 to 700 cents) and master tune (430-450).
- Pattern Tone — Assign a specific tone to a pattern so sound will change automatically when pattern is selected.
- One-touch Transpose — Transpose a pattern during performance by simply pressing a note on the touchpad’s keyboard. No need to hold “Keyboard”button.
- User Bank — Organize your favorite patterns for quick access in live performance with a custom user bank.
- Improved Editing
- Pattern Lock — Lock the contents of a pattern so you can experiment without losing your original groove.
- Pattern Pitch Shift — Quickly change the root note of a pattern by shifting its pitch.
- Extended Note Range — The sequencer now supports notes from C0-C6 for added flexibility and dramatic slides.
- Extended Transpose Range
- Improved MIDI
- Modes — Local On/Off and MIDI Controller modes determine how MIDI data is sent and received.
- External Record — Record patterns in real-time from external MIDI devices.
- Slide and Accent — Implementation of both slide and accent pattern by MIDI control change.
- Scatter — Scatter On/Off, Type and Depth can be controlled via MIDI control change.
- MIDI Off — Disable sending of all MIDI messages.
- Extended Range — Note range has been extended from C0-C8 when controlled by external MIDI device.